The goal of RockPointe Family Ministry is to provide families opportunities of worship, mission, ministry, training, and connection, while aligning with RockPointe’s goals of receiving, equipping, impacting, and sending families into the world to make more and better followers of Christ. Please explore our parenting resources and family events below!
We invite you to create lasting memories with your precious girl(s). Make plans to attend this annual event where you will enjoy dinner, dancing, crafts, games and a visit to the photo booth.
Dads, granddads, uncles and father-figures are invited to attend with their girl(s), no matter the age. The activities are best suited for girls ages 4 and up.
Ladies, we realize IF:RPC 2018 kicks off this evening for you too. There will be plenty of time to help get your crew ready for their fun evening as you all head out the door to enjoy your individual ministry events.
WHERE & WHEN:
Friday, February 9 | 6p-9p
Circle R Ranch
5901 Cross Timbers Road
Flower Mound, TX 75022
Wear your boots and hat or tie and jacket, it’s up to you and your sweet girl!
The dinner bell rings at 6:30 pm for the all-you-can-eat buffet:
- Slow Smoked Barbecue Beef Brisket
- Smoked Sausage
- Circle R Barbecue Sauce
- True Texas Ranch-style Beans
- Southern Potato Salad
- Crispy Cole Slaw
- Dinner Rolls with Butter
- Assorted Relishes
- Hot Dog Line with Potato Chips
- White Chocolate Bread Pudding drizzled with Amaretto Sauce
- Fudge Brownies for Children
- Marshmallows for roasting at Campfire area (weather permitting)
RockPointe Church provides several opportunities for families to step out of their normal rhythm of life and step into intentional family engagement through local, national and global mission trips. Family mission trips cultivate a heart of service and allow natural moments to occur for faith conversations to be had among the body.
Who is eligible to attend a family mission trip?
Whether you are single, married with children, married with no children, or an empty-nester, family mission trips are a great opportunity for you! Family Mission trips communicate that the work involved and the activities planned for the trip take into consideration the variety of ages and stages that are likely to attend.
Resources for Parents
RockPointe recognizes parents as those primarily responsible for the discipleship of their children. Our desire is to intentionally come alongside parents so that they are acknowledged, trained, and held accountable as such. Below you will find several useful resources.
Apps for the Family (Devotions, Questions, etc.)
- D6 is a movement intentional about empowering parents, homes, marriages, leaders, and churches to live out the story of Deuteronomy 6. The family is God’s original small group. D6 provides resources to align the church and home to accomplish God’s design of generational discipleship.
- YouVersion: NIV Once-A-Day At the Table Family Devotional
- YouVersion: Bible for Kids (iOS / Android)
Raising a Modern-Day Knight, Robert Lewis (Kindle / Paperback)
Raising a Modern-Day Princess, Pam Farrel (Kindle / Paperback)
Raising Wise Children, Mark Matlock (Kindle / Paperback)
Six Ways to Keep the ‘Little’ in Your Girl, Dannah Gresh (Kindle / Paperback)
Parenting with Kingdom Purpose, Hemphill and Ross (Kindle / Paperback)
Every Young Man’s Battle, Stephen Arterburn (Kindle / Paperback)
Every Young Woman’s Battle, Shannon Ethridge (Kindle / Paperback)
- Moving Toward Maturity is a discipleship series developed to bring students into a mature relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Word of Life Quiet Times offers daily devotionals for all ages.
- Long Story Short: Ten-Minute Devotions to Draw Your Family to God, Marty Machowski (Kindle / Paperback)
- The Jesus Storybook Bible
News with a Biblical Worldview
- Parent Fuel practically encourages parents and guides parents to invest in their most important relationships – with Christ and their kids. (Audiobook / Paperback / Companion Journal)
- Focus on the Family provides tremendous resources in all aspects of parenting, marriage, social issues and faith.
- Plugged In is an entertainment guide full of the reviews you need to make wise personal and family-friendly decisions about movies, videos, music, TV, games and books.
- DIY Connect Cards
- Clean Router allows parents to easily manage all devices in your home and stop internet pornography.
- Covenant Eyes provides internet accountability and filtering.
- Cisco Umbrella provides the first line of defense against threats on the internet delivered from the cloud protecting all of your users in minutes.
- Connected 3D replaces negative technology habits with healthy ones.